Compliance automation, also known as automated compliance, is a category of software applications that use artificial intelligence (AI) features and technology to simplify compliance procedures. These applications provide organizations with workflow capabilities related to compliance, including self-assessments, control analyses, corrective action planning and controls testing. By automating these processes, compliance automation replaces spot checks.
Tools that monitor compliance start by receiving an organization's security policies. Any regulations that involve a company's industry, configurations, accounts, inventories, and security measures are copied into the compliance automation software in order to detect violations. This
Automated compliance is beneficial to integrate into organizations that process sensitive information, such as hospitals or banks, or that must adhere to a set of rules and standards when protecting customer data. Laws and regulatory requirements update continuously, making the automation of compliance processes more productive, simplified, and accurate for internal auditors and senior management.
Benefits of compliance automation
- Implementation is more time and cost effective compared to manual controls.
- Compliance status and audit information can be accessed and checked within a single dashboard.
- Risk management decisions can be made based on real-time data.
- Makes the implantation of compliance policies uniform across computing platforms such as physical servers, private clouds, public clouds, and containers.
- Continuously verifies compliance requirements, manages third-party risks and catches potential weaknesses.
- Reduces the likelihood of encountering compliance fines or breaches.
- Minimizes the number of inadequate or inaccurate reporting mistakes.