Datadog is a monitoring and analytics tool for information technology (IT) and DevOps teams that can be used to determine performance metrics as well as event monitoring for infrastructure and cloud services. The software can monitor services such as servers, databases and tools.
Datadog monitoring software is available for deployment
Datadog uses a Go-based agent and its backend is made from Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL
The user interface includes customizable dashboards which can show graphs composed of multiple data sources in real-time. Datadog can also send users notifications of performance issues on any set metric, such as compute rates. Users are notified through means such as email, Slack or PagerDuty.
The features that Datadog offers include:
- Provides an IT/DevOps team with a single view of their infrastructure (including servers, apps, metrics
- Customizable dashboards.
- Alerts based on critical issues.
- Support for over 120 product integrations.
- Can automatically collect and analyze logs, latency and error rates.
- Allows for access to the API.
- Supports applications written in languages such as Java, Python, Go, Node and Ruby.
Alternative monitoring tools to Datadog include solutions such as Science Logic and Zenoss Service Dynamics.
Science Logic is an IT infrastructure monitoring tool which provides a cloud-focused monitoring system which can monitor databases and application performance. Science Logic can also monitor private, public and
Zenoss Service Dynamics IT monitoring analytics software that can monitor networks, storage, servers, cloud, databases, or hypervisors. Service Dynamics is available only